The fringe programmes will highlight new media technology for industry development with more than 500 leading brands from 18 countries and regions are confirmed to take part in Asia’s professional audio and lighting show, Prolight + Sound Shanghai 2014.
Brands from Australia, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, the UK and the US will feature the latest technologies and products at their booths. More new items can also be found at the Taiwan and Shanghai pavilions with expanded exhibition space. International associations from Brazil, Korea, Germany and the Netherlands will also visit the fair.
Participating brands including Aiweidy, Audiocenter, Avid, Behringer, Bose, Clair Bros, dBTechnologies, DiGiCo, DJ Power, Electro-Voice, Fidek, Funktion-One, Global Truss, Hi LTTE, ITC, JBL, KAIFAT, Klark-Techik, KV2 Audio, LAX, Maquinas, Martin Audio, Midas, NEXO, Nightsun, Proel, Samson, Soundcraft, Soundking, Srexact, Takstar, Tonwel, Topled, Turbosound, TW Audio, Viasho, SAE Audio, Yamaha and Zsound are all joining the 2014 show and aiming to increase their market share in China.
Visitors can gain profound insights into the latest industry trends from a series of inspirational events and live demonstrations which will be held alongside the fair. One of the must-see events is the Human Centered Media – a new interactive area featuring design and artworks that are created with the aim to make participants the focus in media-enriched scenarios such as stage setups, museums or other events. The sensors in the media can capture body movements and react to human gestures. Through the dome projection, video walls and WeRobots, participants can experience the cutting-edge design and technology innovation.
Other events to highlight include:
• New Media Design and Application Forum will cover projection mapping and new media technology applications in various sectors including theatre and exhibitions through case sharing.
• Lighting and Visual Design for TV Production Seminar will have experts sharing lighting design and stage art for TV shows.
• Stage Art Design and Technology Forum will discuss the stage lighting design for Chinese traditional drama and safety on stage machinery.
• Acoustics Technology Forum will invite audio experts to lecture about modern audio technology and its applications in live performance.
• AV System Application in the Hotel Industry will explore the usage of AV systems and digital multimedia technologies in modern hotels and MICE industries.
• Product presentations will demonstrate exhibitors’ innovative products and technologies.
• Asia’s biggest and professional outdoor line array demonstration Concert Sound Arena will feature 10 leading audio brands, allowing audiences to experience professional concert sound effects outdoors.
• Shanghai Stage Art Design and Technology Showcase will highlight innovative multimedia technologies for pro audio and lighting products.
The broad variety of pro audio and lighting products, together with the innovative fringe events, are expected to attract more than 25 000 Chinese and international visitors to the show. Furthermore, representatives from the Professional Lighting & Sound Association of Germany (VPLT), Korea Broadcasting and Technology Association, Association for Stage Technology from the Netherlands and ANAFIMA (National Association of Musical Instruments and Audio Manufacturers, Brazil) will visit the show to exchange the latest technological developments in the industry.
Prolight + Sound Shanghai is a brand event of the annual Prolight + Sound exhibition in Frankfurt, Germany.