In an innovative way to keep lighting industry professionals engaged during the COVID-19 pandemic, ChamSys has announced an online programmers competition with the first prize of a new MagicQ MQ70 Console.
According to the competition’s website:
Enter NOW to win the new MagicQ MQ70 Console! Be one of the first with creativity that fits in the carry-on.
Contestants will have the chance to program a massive, 200-fixture CHAUVET Professional rig formerly set to premiere at PL+S 2020. Scroll to read the full competition rules before entering.
The first 25 entries will receive a MagicDMX Test Kit. The top 3 runner-ups will receive a premium swag bag.
Steps to enter
1. Download the Vis/Base show file of the massive CHAUVET Professional rig that was set to premiere at PL+S.
2. Select a 1-3 minute song of your choice and program the lights using MagicQ with MagicVis visualistion.
3. Record your entry via screen capture and send it, along with your show file, your name, location and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10th.
Judges will determine the winner who will walk away with a NEW MagicQ MQ70 console.
Here’s the Fine Print:
- No modification to the Vis/Base show file, room, fixtures, or patch allowed (Pan/Tilt inverts are allowed)
- Show must be programmed using ChamSys MagicQ software, either on console or PC
- No limit on number of cues, palettes, FX used
- 3rd-party visualiser use is not permitted
- Adding virtual dimmers to LED fixtures in the rig & patching a MagicVis camera is permitted
- Song selection must be under three minutes
- All submissions due by end of day April 10th
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter the competition
For more information, please visit https://chamsyslighting.com/pages/pls-competition.